There are two exciting developments to share with you
1) We’ve located a home for the Boulder Alano Club. We’re in lease negotiations now and we expect the lease to be finalized by mid-April. We’ll let you know as soon as the ink is dry!
2) We’ve engaged an interim Boulder Alano Club Board of Directors. Once we get Club memberships going and we have at least 100 members, we will elect the permanent board (there are term lengths for each board position) Here’s our interim Board:
- Board Chair, Sheila P.
- Board Co-Chair, Brad B.
- Treasurer and Finance Committee Chair, Julie I.
- Secretary, Bob K.
- Legal/Organizational, Ira G.
- Development, Karen B.
- Fundraising Committee, Honor A.
- Construction Committee, Gary M., Mike J.,Mike A., Tim M.
- Directors at Large, David H., Mark E.
If you’re interested in volunteering to chair additional committees – Membership, Operations/Facilities, Liaison or volunteer on any of the committees, please respond below.
In our next post, we’ll describe what membership means, and how to join. We’ll also describe the Capital Fundraising we’re starting to fund the club opening.
If you have any questions, please let us know by submitting a comment.
Yours in service – Sheila P.
Thanks so much for bringing this all together–so exciting! Great presentations today.
I do want to sign-up to volunteer for the clubhouse however I can, including physical labor needed, or whatever else could be helpful.
Thanks so much, Ben! We look forward to your assistance as we move forward!
I would love to help out. Please let me know what needs there are.
Please send us an email with you contact information and we will get it to the volunteer coordinator. Thanks so much!
I would like some information on how to possibly look at your facility for scheduling a standing 12 step meeting when you open
Thanks for your note. I’ve forwarded your comment to our Operations Director who will get in touch with you personally.
IN MEMORY of SOMEONE ELSE
My alano club was saddened to learn this week of the death of one of its member; Someone Else’s passing creates a vacancy that will be difficult to fill. Someone else has been with us for many years and someone did more than a normal person’s share of the work. Whenever there was a job to do some activity to volunteer for, a committee meeting to attend, and one name was on everyone’s Mind is “Let Someone Else does it”
It was common knowledge that Someone Else was among the largest contributors to our alano club. Whenever there was financial need. Everyone just assumed Someone Else was a Wonderful person, sometimes appearing superhuman, but a person can only do so much. Were the truth know, everyone expected too much for much from Someone Else
Now Some Else is gone! We wonder what we are going to do. Someone Else left a wonderful example to follow, but who is going to follow it? Who is going do the things Someone Else did? When you are asked to help, remember, we can’t depend on Someone Else anymore. Did you sing up for membership or to be on a committee or do anything ask or sing up for? Please do.